Ok, I have been back from my Utah bike trip for a couple of months and since then I have been concentrating on trying to get a new job and filling out applications. Not fun. The economy is horrid for those of us that want to move on to new employment. The competition is fierce for even the most basic and mediocre job. I'm finding it hard to keep my spirits up and to keep motivated to keep trying. I know that persistence is the key, but it is also the hardest thing to keep going. Especially since the type of jobs that I am looking at are very selective. I shall continue though, until someone let's me know that my efforts will never be rewarded...
Things I learned from my trip to Park City UT: When you are changing to a higher elevation than you are used to riding normally, expect 2-3 days before you actually feel like you can breathe....(I know, DUH!!!). Park City is an amazing place to ride, and one of those hidden secrets. The trails were virtually empty, and they had some of the most beautiful views and rides that I have ever been on...and I've ridden some world class destinations to compare it to. Spend as much time with your friends as you can, dinner, drinks, just hanging out. You don't know how long it will be until you will see them again, and so you must make sure to indulge. Turn old acquaintances into new good friends. Make plans to do another week long trip with your friends next year. Never pass up a chance to laugh.
It's been a while since I posted, and since the last list seemed to get a good reception....here is another! I didn't make this up, so I can't take credit for it...But it is fun! Enjoy!1. Save the whales. Collect the whole set.
2. A day without sunshine is like night.
3. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
4. I just got lost in thought. It wasn't familiar territory.
5. 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
6. 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
7. I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
8. Honk if you love peace and quiet.
9. Remember, half the people you know are below average.
10. He who laughs last thinks slowest.
11. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
12. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
13. I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
14. Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.
15. Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7 of your week.
16. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
17. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
18. Get a new car for your spouse. It'll be a great trade!
19. Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
20. Always try to be modest, and be proud of it!
21. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
22. How many of you believe in psychokinesis? Raise my hand...
23. OK, so what's the speed of dark?
24. How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
25. If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
26. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
27. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
28. Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
29. If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
30. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
31. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
32. What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
33. I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out
34. I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.
35. Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?
36. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened.
37. Just remember - if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
38. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak